how long are female dogs in heat for?

not sure when she went into heat, but I know nothing about girl dogs in heat. She is like 11 months and it is her first one. Well about 5 days ago my oldest DD tells me that there was blood on the floor and I look so I didn't think of it and thought one of the kids were bleeding somewhere, but couldn't find it so I just cleaned it up and didn't think anything of it then last night our sheets were off our bed because I was washing them and asked DH what that was on the bed (it was red) he said I don't know then I didn't think anything of it again. Then today my DD tells me again there was blood on the floor then I realized it was probably from my dog. We had dogs growing up that were female, but they were fixed. I am going to get mine fixed, but don't have the money until next month. So I know nothing how long are they in heat for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Pets

• IDK, but try to google it. I bet there are a tons of web sites that will tell you all about it. Good Luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:05 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I'm pretty sure it's 3 weeks. but I'm not 100% sure. You could always call your vet and ask i'm sure they should know.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• 3 weeks.
    Anonymous