How long does a Peg Perego battery charger last?

We have a John Deere Gator and a Sportsman ride on toys. Both take a 12v battery. All of the sudden the toys are not working. The battery charger has a green light, indicating that the battery is charged. I have charged the batteries for 18-24 hours, per the instructions. How long do these chargers last? I think the one we're using is a couple of years old.
I'm hoping and praying that it is the problem. I'll freak out if these expensive toys suddenly stop working.
Does anyone else have any experience with these toys/batteries/chargers? TIA!

mrsderekjeter

Asked by mrsderekjeter at 12:10 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I was just looking yesterday for a Peg Perego Polaris 4 wheeler replacement charger on the website, it was $24 and a replacement battery would run about $30-$40. I personally would try replacing the battery first and then try replacing the charger.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:15 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I did just replace one of the batteries. One of them is brand new, same thing.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 4:29 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I guess if it is a few years old there is a good chance the charger could be shot.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If it is a couple years old there is a good chance the rechargeable battery is bad/dead/can't hold the charge. I would start there and buy a replacement one...GOOD LUCK!
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2010