Crib tent

How sturdy are these? Even though my 21 month old is able to get out (and get back in) to his crib I don't think he's ready for a toddler bed. I wouldn't feel safe if he got out of the crib at night without anyone knowing or awake to watch him and there is way too much stuff in the bedroom to make it "child proof". I'm looking into getting a crib tent but I'm starting to wonder if he'll be able to defeat that too. Can anyone tell me how sturdy they are? Like would he be able to untie it and take it off? And what stores sell them (not online)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly it would probably be best to go on ahead and make the switch. I my opinion. I was scared to but it wasn't that bad. We open his door before we go to be (after he falls asleep), and he still doesn't come out of his room in the morning he gets out of bed and calls me I have to peek my head in there and tell him hey, good morning, come on etc.

One time he came out without me telling him to but he came straight into our room.
    Anonymous

• Oh I'd love it if I knew he would be that way lol. But I know for a fact if he happened to wake up in the middle of the night and wanted to play he would be into everything (he does this now). My biggest fear is that we have bookshelves in the room and if he tries to climb them they'll topple over on him. We have no other place to put this things at the moment and for his own physical safety he needs to be in a secure place is nobody is awake to keep an eye on him.
    Anonymous

• we swore by ours..... my son was very rough on it and it always held firm

I liked it for keeping toys and nuk inside too :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:37 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I've been wondering the same thing and I have been planning on ordering one for my developmentally delayed 6 year old. She is still small enough to sleep in the crib but is starting to try to get out. If she does get herself over the rail, she'll plop straight to the floor! And then if she crawls off, there is no telling what she'll get herself into in the middle of the night (she still doesn't sleep through the night! Ugh!) Developmentally, she is about 10-12 months old, so switching her to a toddler bed is just not an option, and the only bed I have found that would suit her is $3,500!! (the Courtney bed: http://www.cyrdesigns.com//)

Would a crib tent work for us until she is too big for the crib?

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:40 PM on May. 18, 2010

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6372421

That is the one I am thinking about ordering. One of the pictures shows a cat on top of it, so assume the frame is pretty sturdy. This one has mess sides which would be a plus for us since my DD sometimes gets her legs stuck between the rails. They do have another one with out the inner netting though.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:42 PM on May. 18, 2010