I am so angry with my husband. He's a horrible father!

My husband has a job that he works on weekends. He works 7 to 7 on both saturday and sunday. He works 2 til 11 on Friday. I go pick his children up from school and keep them with me until Sunday at 8 at night. My husband gets to spend like 6 maybe 7 hours with them every week. I just found out he had a job offer at the same company where he would work 5 til 5 monday through friday and be off on weekends.. BUT HE REFUSED!! because he didn't wnat to get up that early!! I went off on him and told him he could actually see his children and he said well that was so early! So I'm stuck caring for his two children (I'm not mad at them. They are both good kids but are getting to their teens and have extreme attitudes) I am furious with him though because I work too and don't ever have one ounce of time for myself because my off days are spent with his kids and his are spent at the golf course or playing video games on the couch

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• what an asshole!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:36 PM on May. 18, 2010

• that is just wrong! He needs to take a job where he could have more family time.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:39 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Where is their mom?
    Anonymous

• sounds like you guys arent even a family at all. You even refer to the kids as "his children" how sad..i wouldnt want to be in a house with you either. He probably enjoys the few hours he gets alone with his children
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:43 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You say they are his kids...so from another marriage?

Bet he's pulled this stuff before.

He is being a jerk. Get their mom involved.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:44 PM on May. 18, 2010

• OP here... They are his children. They are my stepchildren and the mom is in place. They come here on weekends.
    Anonymous

• Hide and set a separate alarm clock for 4:30am every...single...day until he gets the message that getting up early is not the horrendous torture he believes it is.
    Anonymous

• You sound more like a babysitter for his children than his wife.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:25 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't blame you at all for being pissed! (I would be too if my hubs did that). I don't think it is fair that he dump his responsibility (his children) off on you when he should be spending time with them and being their dad. I do think you should talk to him about it, and tell him that he needs to re-evaluate his priorities-- his CHILDREN (and family time) come first-- not his 'sleep time"! I would give him an ultimatum-- either he change shifts and spend the weekends being a parent to his children or he will have to hire and pay for a babysitter to watch his kids while you take some much needed time off and do things that you would like to do. Maybe if this ends up costing him some money he might change his tune....
    Good luck!!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:28 PM on May. 18, 2010

• They go there on weekends for what?? He's not even there to see them or spend time with them. I'd think that their mother would want to change that arrangement!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:39 PM on May. 18, 2010