what would y'all do if your 12 yr old son was doing this and how would you make him stop??No bashing !!

So this drives me absolutly crazy...My 12 yr old son does not wipe after he poops. I don't understand for the life of me why he doesn't he gets enough attention I don't know if it's just a boy thing or what?? Or if he's doing it to aggravate me?? I've talked to him about how unsanitary it is and how people will smell it now that he's older he used to wipe really well when he was little but now idk why he's not he's never been molested or anything like that my question is how would u deal with this and how would you go about making him do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Have you purchased those wet wipes? I was always in a hurry to get out and play with my friends and didn't wipe well at that age. My mom made me wash out my underwear so after a while I did a better job wiping!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:48 PM on May. 18, 2010

• wet wipes are a good idea. I have no clue why he would do that except for maybe being in a hurry like admckenzie has said. I would tell him that if he doesnt start wiping that you are going to start wiping his butt for him. Maybe that will embarrass him and make him start doing it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:52 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I'd just have a hygiene 101 lecture. And get the pediatrician on board/involved. Wiping is not a choice, it's a must. It's not up for negotiations. If he doesn't do it, you'll do it for him. Bring him with to walmart/target next time and get his opinions/input on toilet paper and/or wet wipes.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:53 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You live and you learn. I am surprised he didn't get a rash.

My son is 6 and wipes and wipes and says is it clean.

Yet my daughter does not wipe right, I don't get it either, she gets rashes and still don't wipe right. If you figure it out let me know.
    Anonymous

• I think that the washing of the underwear is a great idea best served if they were hand washed. I am not sure if there is any pics of rashes or infections from this type of behavior on the Internet but if so it might be worth the visual scare. I would stay on him. Ask him if the toliet paper is too hard or if there is another problem. At 12 he should be able to communicate this to you. Unfortunately, this is also the age were boys start to lose interest in their hygiene.
    mom-2-five

Answer by mom-2-five at 12:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• It's a boy thing! And it's way more common then you think. I like the wet wipes idea but I can't think of anything else, hopefully he grows out of it! Sorry!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:14 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I hope so too he goes to jr. high next year and girls will start to notice him..I 've tried the whole wiping for him thing it doesnt work..maybe I'll try making him touch clean and wash his own underwear boys are gross LOL!
    Anonymous

• has he been yelled at for clogging the toilet? maybe he is afraid he will clog it and be yelled at. Tell him like i tell my son, wipe twice then flush and wait for the running noise to stop then wipe again if needed and flush
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• My step D used to do this. I think it is common.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:45 PM on May. 18, 2010