Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support and taxes? Help!

My husband was ordered to pay child support for a kid that is not his, and he cant afford to pay so he is appealing, well he got a letter today saying that he is in arrears and his debt has been submitted for administrative offset and/or tax refund offset, and if he doesnt pay in 30 days the account will be referred for offset. It also says he has a right to review/appeal. However, i called the offset program call center and there are no debts listed, and when i check the wheres my refund status it says our refund is being processed and we should recieve it by may 25th. So are we ok? I'm panicking about this!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (1)
  • I'd call my lawyer and let him handle that. It makes no sense that he would have to pay cs for a child that isn't his unless he was legally married to the woman at the time of the birth. My x swore my dd wasn't his to get out of paying support. He wanted a DNA and the Prosecuting Attorney said that since we were legally married he didn't care if it was his child or not that my x had to pay for her.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 PM on May. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.