what do you all think about Kate Gosselin coming back to TLC with her new show this summer entitled Kate +8?? Why don't this woman get a real job and quit exploiting her kids? and when is she going to realize they are bigger now and it's boring people have had enough??

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 12:54 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OP here: she's obviously smart enough and talented enough to get a real job..Why jeopardize losing custody of her kids?
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:56 PM on May. 18, 2010

• She must still get the ratings that TLC wants because they asked her to come back on. When the ratings drop that is when people dont want to watch her because it is getting boring.
    Anonymous

• I totally understand her doing a show. There is no job that would generate that much income. And she has a LOT of kids thus needs a lot of income.

It's easy to say "she needs to get a real job" .... but even best case scenerio as a nurse she'd make maybe $30 an hour. The new show allows her to stay home w/ the kids and make 3 or 4 times that

It's practical.... and necessary.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:58 PM on May. 18, 2010

• doing what, being a waitress or receptionist? what's she qualified for other than having babies? She has to exploit them bc they are her money makers. she should have thought of that though before having a brood.
    Anonymous

• Don't even get me started about her! LOL. I think her show will bomb just like her book did. I am soooo sick of her and her constant crying and bitching about ho hard and sad her life is. Especially how she HAS to be on TV to support her kids. If she sold her 2 million dollar home and down sized a bit, she could support her family with a real job.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• People are still watching, so obviously not everyone is bored. If you don't agree with the show, don't watch it. I never saw the original... So I don't know anything about it. But I don't really see her as "exploiting" her kids any more than anyone else who puts their kids in advertising, tv or movies... And frankly, she is making a great income while being home to raise her kids, I don't see how that is a worse alternative to working full time and sticking them in daycare...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on May. 18, 2010

• She won't get a real job cuz it don't pay as much, her kids are not a priority anymore they are more of a paycheck for her new materialistic life. I feel bad for the kids that they have no privacy nor a normal child's life and to top that of they get to see both there parents act like idiots and it's all for the old might dollar.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:00 PM on May. 18, 2010

• 1. she has a job , more than 1 actually.
    2. if she had a "normal" job...even if she went back to nursing, there is no way she could support all of the kids...and she would have to go on PA - and then everyone would complain about that too !
    3. If it wasnt for the show, they would still be stuck in that little 3 bedroom house.... now the kids can actually have their own rooms... and they can have alot of things they wouldnt of been able to before..
    4. YOU do not know that the kids do not like it...
    5. I know TONS of people who cannot wait to watch it.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:01 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Does anyone really think that if one day she just woke up and said " OK...no more tv...I will go get a "real" job " ..do you think that automatically means that everyone will stop taking pics of them, stop wanting to see them?

NO ....

and I have to say it...alot of people saying that she puts materialistic stuff before her children....because she leaves them to go work.....couldnt that be said about other working moms as well ( i dont think that...but I am saying, it sounds like the same logic)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:04 PM on May. 18, 2010

• To all the posters saying she can't support her kids on nursing, did you see the show when it first aired? They supported the kids just fine on one income, the only difference is they just didn't have a million dollar home!!
    Anonymous