Resources for Event Coordinators

I was wondering if anyone knew of any legit magazines or forums for Event Coordinators. I have ran across so many that seem to be scams that I am hoping someone can help by suggesting some.

I am trying to avoid high costs as my budget is rather low at the moment, but would like some things I can use as references or to pull ideas from.

Thanks Ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Here are some other things you could try. 1. See if there are any event planning groups here on CafeMom and either join the group, look at its posts or PM the owner. 2. More importantly, set up a LinkedIn profile, join some event planning groups on there. Once you do, read the posts, leave an introductory post about yourself and make some business contacts. The best place to learn is from other event coordinators.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:32 PM on May. 18, 2010

• There are a couple of Event Planner professional associations; this would definitely be the place to start.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Rkoloms-- do you have any examples? Ive tried doing a search for them, but haven't really found any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 20, 2010