Could i get in trouble for creating a Facebook page warning people about a company that has been screwing over customers, incuding me?

Not a page just to bash them, but a page where people can go and share their experiences with this certain store. Whenever I tell someone the problems I am having, they always say they've heard bad things about the company too. I would hate for them to continue treating customers this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not unless you signed a contract saying you wouldn't. LOL
    Also, contact the BBB.
    Anonymous

• You can set it up as anonymous. Don't use your real name or contact information. Also, people do that all the time over at Topix.net.
    Anonymous

• You could get sued for "ruining" their reputation. But I've seen so many websites with the only purpose of bashing.
    Where are the CM lawyers when we need them? LOL
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:08 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Could you share with us the problem you're having with the company. No names please.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:09 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Lol energ8zr I thought about that, could they get me for slander? But I would only tell my tale and let others do the same!! Haha I just hate it when companies do this and get away with it.
    Anonymous

• I have watched alot of judge shows and my husband works for a law firm........when people sue for slander... you have to prove that there is absolulty no truth and that the person suing did not give off that "impression" ....meaning that if you just share your personal experiance, they cannot do anything....... I mean if you say something and state it as a fact like, that they use children to make their product and the company prooves that, that is not true... then they just dismiss your claim.................lol basically the worst that most likely ever happen, would be that your group gets closed down....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:33 PM on May. 18, 2010

• The Better Business Bureau is the place to go with complaints. Facebook would just be showing off. "Look how responsible I am..." you know?ANd you might be sued for libel.
    Anonymous

• If it reaches the point of defamation or libel, you very well could. I've read a lot about internet law, and this is bordering on something they could sue you for. And to the poster saying to just make an anonymous account...Facebook has your IP address and if the page got big enough and the company was able to sue, they could very easily get warrants to get the users IP. I've read about similar things many time. Just be careful. Honestly, I wouldn't mess with it. I can't even begin to tell you of the cases I've heard of that seemed so petty and stupid...but still, nonetheless, landed someone in court.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Even if you only post your experience, there would be people that could get on there and say untrue things. Since you would be the creator of the page, (and yes, they CAN trace it back to you even if it is done "anonymously) you can be sued for the things that other people said.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:14 PM on May. 18, 2010