Human Nature?

Since the question was closed, before anyone had the chance to respond (because god forbid you hear actual opposing views) I will repost, and allow the discussion to continue.

Here's what was said...

How is society not brainwashing us by telling us what is right or wrong if you claim religion brainwashes us? To coexist means someones human nature is oppressed right? Where is the logic in that if we are to accept it, and live with it. How would anyone be expected to accept consequences for things they feel to be in their nature? I do not understand what gives anyone a right to do this seeing [according to some] we are to accept our human natures and run with it. Isn't that hypocritical? Yes it is. Blessings..

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 1:12 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My answers

There is no absolute right or wrong, there is only what is accepted by society, so that we may coexist peacefully. And even within those societal rules and regulations, there is a lot of grey areas. Every action, every choice you make, (whether it's to go with or against your inner nature) has consequences, both positive and negative. We learn from an early age to avoid actions which lead to negative consequences, which sometimes means going against our inner feelings and desires. Sometimes those consequences are imposed on us by other people, and sometimes we impose them on ourselves (feelings of guilt and remorse).
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You make too many assumptions. First you assume that it is human nature to be self-serving. Then you assume that all non-believers believe that all human nature should be allowed to run free, and unchecked. Then you assume that all murderers, rapists, molesters share the views of non-believers, when in actuality the vast majority of them are religious, and more likely share your views over mine.

Survival is the basis for human nature. We do what we must so that we may survive and reproduce. That is what drives us. We have evolved to live within a society, and in order to do so we have adapted rules and regulations to help the survival of the society, over the survival of individuals. That is what guides the boundaries of right and wrong, and what causes us to punish those who are working against the survival of the society as a whole.
    my2.5boys

• #2 was in response to this for those who didn't see the original thread.

In reality I guess that is what I am asking.. What is human nature? According to Yahweh it is a sinful nature that is selfish and self-serving. Which I see examples of everyday. He explains that we must over come it or be ruled by it. But to an non-believer who does not agree with his explanation says it is our human nature and we should not feel bad about it at all. In fact we should embrace it. Which in truth is the same thing they teach in satanism. But at the same time you see them condemning anyone who shares their views.murderers, rapists, molesters, theifs, addicts, and so on.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:16 PM on May. 18, 2010

• i think the original post is still up
    Anonymous

• I agree that mankind should control his human nature or be ruled by it. The reasons are not 'because God/Yahweh/etc said so'. It's because society says so (be it family, teachers, the military, the country, whatever).

Humans have been around a very long time, and along the way we've learned a lot of things. Pedophilia can cause deep psychological scars in children. Cheating can destroy marriages. Violence and murder cause great harm. We don't need a book to tell us these are destructive behaviors that need to be controlled.

If I get angry and feel the urge to hit my mother, I stop myself because I know the consequences. It's common sense! Sure there's a commandment saying honor your mother and father, but that's not why I control myself. I don't want to hurt her body/feelings and lose her trust, causing a major rift in our relationship.

Human nature has its good points and bad. It takes maturity to know how to act.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Thank you.  I would like to address this from Daphna.

Beeky- So anyone you know has a right to kill, cheat, and steal from anyone they choose to? And you would accept this of them because they would be proving they are not brain washed by religion? Blessings..

You lack comprehension skills!   You completely misunderstood EVERYTHING I said and got it completely twisted.  

EPIC FAIL!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:04 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Huh?confused

FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 2:32 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree with my2.5boys. I didn't see the original post at all, but based off what is here I agree.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:43 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Sorry it took me so long to reply- I took a break from the computer. If there is not right or wrong in your eyes, than you agree with anyone that says there is no sin. Am I right? Not only is this the very teaching of satanists[and I am not trying to say you are meaning to believe like one] but of pretty much every other religion out there. For people who believe in consequences and taking responsibility for ones actions: I must warn you that this way of thinking is futile. There is a creator of everything and his name is Yahweh, being his child it is my responsibility to inform you that by believing this way and acting according to this belief is not only proving you are his enemy, but that you hate him. Which will make your life miserable while you are alive, and you will share the same fate as his original enemies in the second death [lake of fire]. Continue..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yahweh does not want to see anyone perish, but to be saved! He gave his only son to die for our sins[ to die as his enemy] so that we may have a chance to become his child through his death and rebirth through baptism in his son's HOLY name Yahshua. You will be his child and share the same promise of everlasting life,joy, peace, and love with our creator and his son. You and everyone else is invited to share in the promises of Yahweh. This dead dying,cursed world is not all that there is. There is hope you can put your trust into and it is not mankind, it is Yahweh. If you choose to put your choice into mankind you are free to, but you will be let down. Blessings..
    You say you do the right thing for your teachers, and other humans and so on. I put my trust in the loving and living creator of all. Yahweh.He has never lied to me, never.
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:09 PM on May. 19, 2010