????

I am 6 weeks pregnant and while on my lunch break I felt some cramping but when I went to the bathroom and wiped my discharge was pinkish and there was a lot...I dnt know what to do...should I go to the hospital, d.r., should I wait and see the reason as to why I am freaking out is one because I went through a miscarriage a yr ago and two because when I first found out I was preggo my doc put me on bed rest because of my high blood pressure and my boss was not too happy and advised me if this was going to continue to happen that he would have to let me go. I do not want to loose my job if this is not serious, but I am in need of advice and do not know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If the blood is a brownish color then it could be implantation bleeding. If its bright red, you could be having a miscarriage. The only way to know is to go the ER and have a sono done and have your levels checked over the next week or two. If you think it is something serious, they by law they have to let you leave to go have it checked out. You can provide your employer with a doctors note so they know you did go in and just not go home. Legally, they can't fire you for something like this. Good luck to you. I hope that you go on to have a healthy baby!
    Anonymous

• OP- thank you so much
    Anonymous

• It's not implantation bleeding if you are 6 weeks pregnant. If you're 6 weeks pregnant, your embryo has been implanted for awhile now. However, spotting during early pregnancy is not a cause for alarm. Basically, it's scary and could be a sign of miscarriage, but it could be nothing at all. Wait it out, monitor the amount of blood, follow doctor's orders and stay in touch with your OB!

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/bleedingduringpreg.html
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:55 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I would go to the ER or doctor if I was u.. That happened to me when i was 9 weeks and found out baby had passed at 8 weeks :( just to be on the safe side I would go!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 4:09 PM on May. 18, 2010

• It is common but I would make sure to let your doctor know that this is happening. GL
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 4:49 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I think you should call your obgyn and tell them you would like to speak with a nurse. Tell the nurse about it and ask to make an appointment just to get checked out.
    Anonymous