Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

My husband just got fired. He was working under the table,. got hurt on the job and they fired him. Now we have to take out daughter to a special doctor and we have no money we have no car and the doctor is 3 hrs away. My gma said she would take us but she needs gas money ugh!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (7)
  • go apply for public assistance

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:22 PM on May. 18, 2010

  • public assistance takes time, PP..... I assume her daughter needs to goto the dr NOW and not in 3 months.

    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:02 PM on May. 18, 2010

  • hello! apply for government housing, foodstamps and medicaid, while he looks for a new job!
    thats what its there for! not for lazy ppl who just dont feel like getting off their asses.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on May. 18, 2010

  • call the officer manager of the special dr. see if they have a transportation service. like a dial a ride.

    you and husband sell blood/plasma, together that might be enough to borrow gramma's car

    you must have some kind of health care for your daughter, or the special dr. wouldn't see her..... call the # on the back of her card. they almost certainly have a transportation service.

    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:04 PM on May. 18, 2010

  • anon & PURPUL: I am going to assume you've either never had a sick child or never been on public assistance. They have a child requiring special medical care NOW.... not in 2 or 3 months when all the red tape is cut through. Also how is foodstamps going to help them travel 3 hours away w/ no car? And they obviously **HAVE** medicaid, or a doctors appt. wouldn't even be an issue! Welfare doesn't give you wings to fly your kid to a clinic 3 hours away..... I have a pet peeve for rich bitches who think they understand what it's like to be poor, struggling, with a sick child.

    Answer by hibbingmom at 2:08 PM on May. 18, 2010

  • 211 is a social services helpline...they may be able to connect you with some quick emergency aid.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:00 PM on May. 18, 2010

  • thank you guys. Really. It didnt really help much because the transportation service medicaid has takes a while to get approved

    Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.