What would be a good incentive for a sales person to get for getting people to sign up for frequent shoppers passes?

My husband works at a retail store - store manager actually. You guys are always so good at giving advise - what would be a good "prize" for a sales person to get for getting people to sign up for frequent shoppers passes? His store is the lowest and we were trying to think of creative, low cost awards for them to earn...daily...weekly...monthly...

I was thinking - free Mac Donald's lunch - value $10.
Choose their own schedule for the following week.

Anything that COSTS actually comes out of our own pocket - so I'd PREFER to keep the costs down.

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 1:46 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• When I worked for enterprise, the top sellers were treated to a dinner and free drinks. I know that sounds a little over the top, but we didn't get commission. Money is always the best reward IMO
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:50 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Gift certificates from the store.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:07 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You can buy gas cards in bulk for less than the face value and give them out.
    Anonymous

• I am doing some work for a small chain of coffee shops. They gave an ipod to the manager with the biggest percentage increase in sales.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Use gift certificates for the store....McDonalds is just chemcal filled junk
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:39 PM on May. 18, 2010

• The trouble with gift certificates is everyone has different tastes as far as restaurants or even stores and gas stations go. You might end up buying one as a reward and it never ends up getting used and you've wasted your money. I agree with lowencope, money is best. How about an added bonus once a month in their pay check?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:44 PM on May. 18, 2010