Presidential Proclamation-National Foster Care Month. Do kids get better care in a orphanage rather than with adoptive parents?

Nearly a half-million children and youth are in foster care in America, all entering the system through no fault of
their own. During National Foster Care Month, we recognize the promise of children and youth in foster care, as well as former foster youth. We also celebrate the professionals and foster parents who demonstrate the depth and kindness of the human heart.

Children and youth in foster care deserve the happiness and joy every child should experience through family life and a safe, loving home. Families provide children with unconditional love, stability, trust, and the support to grow into healthy, productive adults. Unfortunately, too many foster youth reach the age at which they must leave foster care and enter adulthood without the support of a permanent family.
whitehouse.gov

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Adoption

• I believe children are much better taking care of in the home of adoption rather than an orphanage.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:36 AM on May. 19, 2010

• cont

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 2010 as National Foster Care Month. I call upon all Americans to observe this month with appropriate programs and activities to honor and support young people in foster care, and to recognize the committed adults who work on their behalf each day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-eighth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand ten, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-fourth.
    Anonymous

• ---Do kids get better care in a orphanage rather than with adoptive parents---

There are no orphanages in the U.S.
    Anonymous

• There are no orphanages in the U.S.

There are foster homes.
    Anonymous

• Today, the term orphanage has negative connotations. Other alternative names are group home, children's home, rehabilitation center and youth treatment center.
    Anonymous

• Actually there are a few orphanages in the united states. At least in Texas there is. And there are tons of group homes. But yes I think children are better off in family situations than in a group setting.

Anonymous

• There ARE orphanages in the US. Most are faith based.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:40 PM on May. 18, 2010