need to vent hubby trouble what am I suppose to do with him acting like this I don't treat him like this..

ever since I got pregnant I was told not work at 5 wks my blood pressure was high and I started bleeding so they put me on bed rest then I was diagnosed with HG and stayed sick all day and night so bad I fainted got put in the hospital for dehydration. Well my husband has been having to support the family and ever since I was told to stay home and relax he makes these comments left and right he asks me how I was feeling I tell him sick and tired he makes a mean comment. Another example he was in a hurry to be some where so he came home changed left his work boots in the middle of the floor I said I tripped on them so I kicked them under the table he says to me well if you would clean up the house instead of laying on the couch all day it wouldn't of happened I wanted to say what does you leaving your shoes in the middle of the floor have to do with that. It's just left and right he drops those comments it hurts my feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• he sounds like an immature toad.
    Anonymous

• I second the immature toad diagnosis.
    Anonymous

• I just don't understand why he is acting like this he didn't when I was working and then cleaning and now that he is the one bringing in the income he started this crap constantly making lazy comments at me left and right saying I need to suck it up and need to take a hold of this pregnancy made a comment last night when I got sick he said I sure hope the baby has my genes I said why he said cause you are such a titty baby why is he all of a sudden acting like such a jerk??? Then when I say something to him he doesn't want to talk about it or he turns it around on me about me being lazy, making house cleaning comments, I mean my house is not a house that you can eat off the floor but I sweep almost every day I mop 3 times a week and if someone walked in our house it would looked lived in not a wreck I just don't understand why he is being so mean
    Anonymous

• i am sorry. try to hang in there! he is under a lot of stress, and he probably does not fully understand how important it is that you take very good care of yourself and follow dr's orders right now. he is not coping with the stress well, it's not your fault! we had a preemie once, and we are highly motivated to never have another one!!! having a baby in the nicu is sooo stressful! even knowing what we know, my husband still tosses around statements like that, not very often at all, and he will apologize. but i don't think your husband truly gets how important it is for you to take it easy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:37 PM on May. 18, 2010