Non Christians Do you believe in the death penalty? Do you believe a woman has the right to an abortion?

Christians go ahead and answer since I know you will. but please put you are Christian

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm really not sure how I feel about the DP....I am torn on it.
    And yes I believe a woman should be able to make any and all choices concerning her body. Including getting an abortion.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:36 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Non-Christian for Death penalty and very opinionated with abortion restrictions. I don't see any problem with the death penalty for convicted killers or rapists. I do have a problem with abortions after the first 8 weeks, fetuses can feel pain. I think the woman should choose if it is for medical purposes.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:36 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I am Catholic. No I do not believe in the Death Penalty and I worked in a Correctional Center for 13 years. And YES I believe a Woman has the right to an abortion. It will be a sad day on Earth when a Womens rights are taken away. Period.
    Anonymous

• I believe the woman has the right to choose. As for death penalty. Yup i am all for it.
    Anonymous

• Im a muslim and we do not believe in abortions. thats y we have so many kids !! apparently we (or atleast our ancestors) didnt know about birth control either ! lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do believe in the death penalty because there are poeple that are so violent and dangerous, prison will never cure them. They will kill in a heartbeat if given the chance, so why waste our resources keeping them alive for the idea that every life is sacred? They have proven themselves to be not fit to live in society.

I know our current judicial system is not perfect, of course, but with more and more dna testing, it will hopefully get better.

I also believe every woman has a right to an abortion. It's her body and therefore ultimately up to her to decide to host an unborn or not. Abortions have been happening for thousands of years, and changing the laws will not stop them from happening. Instead of aruging whether to keep it legal or not, I firmly believe the world would be a lot better off focusing on preventing unwanted pregnancies from happening in the first place.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:46 PM on May. 18, 2010

• being a muslim i believe in death penalty (ofcourse if the person is a murderer or rapist or something) . and i dont believe in abortions. one should take care of it before hand aka protection. but if u have an unplanned pregnancy, i think u should go ahead and have it and be careful next time. if we have the heart (which i dont think i will) after an unplanned pregnancy to give up the baby for adoption, that in my opinion is also a good option. there are soooo many couples who cant have kids. but... (ok some of u might not agree with this, and maybe even hate me for it) .. a woman faces some kind of complication and is in life threatening situation then she can get abortion. im saying this because my mom went through this situation.she was pregnant and had a car accident.had alot of internal bleeding.she still wasnt opting for abortion as the doctors were recommending.they said if they dont abort the baby, they might lose
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 2:52 PM on May. 18, 2010

• continued from above*
    both mom and baby. so my dad (although he too is against abortions) went ahead and told the doctors to go ahead and save my mom atleast. hard time for all of us. but my point is.. if God forbid something serious happens to a pregnant woman and her life is in jeopardy , i think its ok to have an abortion.. i might be wrong though .. sorry ..
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 2:54 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I am pro-choice.  I support the death penalty and I support euthanasia.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:25 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Yes and yes.
    Anonymous