my husband is soo pissed about me going back to school

i enrolled today for a one year program at my local college, i been wantin to go back to school for some time now. i lucked out and they had several openings for the program i wanted so i gettin everything together so i can start july 14. my mom is helping me with the shots and stuff, its a medical program so i need to be current on my shots. i will be taking 4 class a quarter. my husband was hounding on me to find a job and i applied at every available place and got turned down everytime so i said well i need go back to school he says yeah right you wont do it. and then kept asking if i applied and what not, so now that i got in the program he is mad about it and is going to have my cell phone and the cable turned off, and then said "the kids can blame you for not having any tv". he isnt supporting me at all through this.
any thoughts ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• "my husband will be with the kids during the day, well for most of it, then his mom will watch them at our place for about an hour. and thats another part of his problem, right now he stays up until 3 or 4 am talkin to women online"

Excuse me????

Kick his sorry butt to the curb. Do it TODAY. He's an ass and you can do better. (And that may be his issue with you going to school...you're going to become even more too good for him that you already are and will realize it.)

Answer by gdiamante at 3:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Well...he's upset because you need money right now but instead you enrolled in classes that I assume will cost money. I understand that in the long run it will benefit but if you guys are hurting financially right now then your husband has a valid complaint.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:37 PM on May. 18, 2010

• op here
    he will be working the same hours, and i cant find a job anywhere here, and he pushed me to enroll into school up until today when i got in. he didnt think i was going to get in the program. then he turns around and says im a bad mom for goin to school, but if i wouldnt gotten it, he would of called me stupid, just like when i couldnt find a job he called me lazy..he takes everything and twists it to make him look like the victim
    Anonymous

• He can get over it. This is good for you and your family. Good for you for doing something productive to help out. It may not be super easy at first but it will pay off a lot for all of you.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:45 PM on May. 18, 2010

• He is insecure?
    Anonymous

• So he's punishing your children because he's got a hair up his ....well you know! I see the cable. Not a big deal since they will probably not be home if you are in school. The sitter should have cable but what if you are with the kids and need to call 911? Then what does he suggest you do? Some men just don't think. Let him calm down and then discuss it again.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 PM on May. 18, 2010

• talk to him, discuce ur futur where r u guys now?what do u wanna be?and where u wanna be?see if it s worthed or not.i m sure u want it,i m sure it ll help u so much in getting good opportunities but what if it ll ruine ur life, ur children's life.if he head headed he wont get over it and will make ur life a hell on earth.i understand how much u want this but try to do it with u DHconsentement.GL
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 3:02 PM on May. 18, 2010

• op here
    my husband will be with the kids during the day, well for most of it, then his mom will watch them at our place for about an hour. and thats another part of his problem, right now he stays up until 3 or 4 am talkin to women online then wants to sleep up until ha has to go to work. so when i start school he has to go to bed earlier and get up earlier and actually take care of the kids
    Anonymous

• He's probably worried about money or afraid you will leave hm if you get through school and can support yourself. Men can be insecure like that sometimes. Just talk to him. Maybe he'll come around eventually.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:06 PM on May. 18, 2010

• talking with women????do u accept that?do what u wanna do and dont worry abt what he thinks he doesn t deserve u
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 3:07 PM on May. 18, 2010