WHAT SHOULD I DO?

OK I am in a little bit of a situation. My husband and I had a convo this morning about "us". this has been going on for a while and I so confused. so the subject came up again. am i IN love with him? well my answer is no. im not in love with him. I DO love him a lot but im not IN love. and i feel like im living a lie. where i feel like why be in a marriage and act like im happy when im really not. he is the father of my daughter and he does a lot. but at the same time he doesnt. I dont know what to do. im scared(to be alone) but then again i cant control my feelings. i have tried to see if those feeligns come back for months now. and nothing.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• keep talking to him
    how did he react when you said that??
    did he say he was IN love with you
    or does he feel the same

when two people are together for awhile, feeling are not the same is they are at the begining
    maybe you both need to rekindle some passion
    but it never the same as a start of a relationship

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:54 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Relationships change. They have ups and downs. In my opinion it is like the relationship you have with your kids. You would never even think about leaving them. Sometimes they are great and sometimes they annoy the crap out of you. But leaving them is completely out of the question. They are yours. I think it is the same with a husband. You need to work it out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• JUST WORK THOUGH IT.. I BITCH ABOUT MY HUBBY ALL THE TIME,BUT I WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT HIM! SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A GIRLS ONLY WEEKEND A;0
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:08 PM on May. 18, 2010

• just because you are not passionately in love anymore doesn't mean you have to throw your relationship away. when you are with someone for a long time the passion fades but the compainionship and respest should still be there. you say you still love him so i don;t understand the problem. the question is do you still want to be with him? or do you want another man?
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:15 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You can't expect to be "in love" all the time, that's just endorphins. What's important is that you still love him and care about him. I would suggest seeing a marriage counselor.
    Quatrekins

Answer by Quatrekins at 3:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Take a break and see if you really want to live separately from him. Then make a plan if you decide you want to go it alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:22 PM on May. 18, 2010

• There have been times in my 7 yrs with my husband that I get into a funk.....like right now I am in one of those funks....I love him and would be lost without him but there just isn't any alone time...he goes off on weekends and does as he pleases he goes to happy hour after work.....I am the one doing everything for everybody...when I ask him when do i get free time he just laughs and says I have free time all the time, after all our son does sleep until 10 or 11 am.....he just doesn't "get it" and it makes me retreat within myself.
    The first time I was feeling like this was 3 yrs ago and he says my behavior scared him because I was acting the way his last wife acted before she left..funny i was thinking of leaving myself but then realized i would be setting myself up for a whole new set of problems. It is better to just stick things out...it gets better
    Anonymous

• I would find out what you want and there will be a lot of people who tell you to stay but if you truly do not love him I would take some time apart and after I would decide what would make you both happy. Sometimes a break can provide a window to either making it work or finding out if you should be together or not. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:11 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Counseling?
    Anonymous