am I the only one who cannot feel my cervix?

I feel like a moron. I've had two children, I understand my anatomy... and yet, I keep trying to feel my cervix and cannot tell what the h I am feeling! I don't feel the opening, it doesn't feel like the shape it's supposed to feel like... does this just mean it is too high right now, or that I am indeed a moron? The stuff I am feeling (again, it's not that little dip opening) feels neither like lips nor like a nose (the descriptions I've read for soft vs. hard)... what's the deal here? Would anyone care to trouble shoot with me on this exciting topic? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've never felt mine. Why would you try?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on May. 18, 2010

• It's one of the ways to track your fertility through your cycle. My husband and I are going to be TTC at the end of the summer with a pretty short window of when we would like to conceive, so I want to maximize our chances.
    Anonymous

• I've never tried, nor would I want to. But hopefully someone has an answer for you
    Anonymous

• I cant feel mine because I have an extra high cervix. Cant get an IUD (not that I want one) because of this too.. so maybe thats why you cant feel yours.
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 10:42 AM on May. 19, 2010