very snotty when I asked her..

so.. I made a post a few days back.. here it is.
job interview..
so I went on a job interview Tuesday May 11 I spent almost 2 hrs there ((didn't leave until 2pm)). It went good she said I scored top 3 on the test and all my answers were right on. starting pay was $11 a hour but I told her I would want to discuss that since I make $11.22 hour now, and I also told her I did NOT plan on leaving my job ((home health care, which is what this company was)). I told her i would like to be a on call person and can work 4-10 but NO weekends or holidays. I brought all my paperwork and all my certifcates from trainings I took. I had everything in order. She told me I nailed the interview and that the owner of the company just wants to speak to whoever gets hired first, but that I would be hearing back for sure with good news. fast forward to today I got a letter in the mail saying I wasn't quaified. My husbands says I should call her and

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 2:52 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would just call and ask, I would also debate the fact that I was not qualified. Personally I think she did not like your demands. I had a job interview at a home health place years ago. At that time I had about 15 years CNA experience. I have much more now, but I don't do it anymore. Anyway I was over qualified for this position and worth far more than what they wanted to pay me. I think that showed in my attitude but I gave a good interview and I also got a letter in the mail with similiar words. Sometimes I think it is personal.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 3:02 PM on May. 18, 2010

• nd even speak to her boss. what would you do?? I have been a .....

...CNA for 6 yrs with over 15 additional trainings, I have been with the same job for 9 years only a few call ins. the letter was dated the same day she interviewed me? weird huh?? would you call???
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:53 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I am not sure why they would say you aren't qualified, maybe it is just a generic letter they send to everyone. I am sure the job was filled by someone who was also in the top 3 for the test, willing to work for $11 an hour and had a more flexible schedule.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 2:56 PM on May. 18, 2010

• If you call just be very polite and tell her you said to expect a call from the supervisor and instead you recieved the letter. Ask her what qualifications you are missing and if the position has been filled. Just be sure to be very nice because you never know if they may have another opening in the future and you wouldnt want to have bad terms. Ask her if they would consider you in the future for other openings and thank her for her time.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:58 PM on May. 18, 2010

• No. wow 11 $ an hour that stinks.Move to alaska!!! Maybe they didnt like your schedule keep it moving.
    Anonymous

• UPDATE! I DID CALL HER AFTER TWO DAYS SHE RETURNED MY CALL..
    I ASKED HER TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT SHE MEANT BY THAT. SHE JUST SAID SOME OF THE ANSWERS YOU GAVE DIDN'T FIT WHAT OUR COMPANY WANTS. SO I ASKED HER CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THOSE QUESTIONS OR HOW I ANSWERED THEM WRONG. I ALSO STATED TO HER THAT SHE TOLD ME I SCORED TOP THREE IN THE TEST SHE GAVE, SO HOW DID MY ANSWERS NOT FIT HER COMPANY. SHE REFUSED TO ANSWER ME AND THEN SAID SHE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO RETURN MY CALL AND SHE IS NO LONGER GOING TO SPEAK TO ME. SO I THEN ASKED HER IF IT HAD TO DO WITH MY FLEXAIBILTY AND NOT LEAVING MY CURRENT JOB FOR THIS ONE, SHE SAID .."NOW THIS CONVERSATION JUST TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORST" AND SAID SHE WILL NO LONGER SPEAK TO ME... BUT TOLD ME SHE WOULD KEEP MY RESUME AND APP. ON FILE FOR 6 MONTHS. I THEN TOLD HER IF I DON'T QUAIFY NOW HOW WILL I IN 6 MONTHS? SHE SAID BYE, I INTERUPED HER AND SAID PLEASE MAIL ME BACK EVERYTHING I GAVE..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:58 PM on May. 18, 2010

• sounds like a form letter
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I would call. I would def. call. IN todays economy that women should not of led you on. You very well may of not took another offered job because this women led you to believe that the job was yours. She needs to learn not to be so misleading to prospective applicants. She will continue on with this type of interviewing if no one speaks up. I hope you contact her office.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:00 PM on May. 18, 2010

• ..AND SHE TOLD ME SHE CAN'T. HELLO!! THOSE ARE MY CERTS AND MY COPIES! SHE WAS VERY SNOBBY I AM CALLING HER HEAD TO REPORT HER. ALSO MY MOM HAS A JOB INTERVIEW WITH HER NEXT WEEK MY MOM ASKED ME WHAT I THINK SHE SHOULD DO I JUST TOLD HER IT IS UP TO HER..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:00 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I would just let it go. You did what you could. Just probably jsut felt put on the spot and diditn know how to answer your questions.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:00 PM on May. 18, 2010