God is a bad parent, if he exists at all

I was raised to believe that God was love and compassion. I get that I may have been taught wrong, but if there is a God who cares about us and created us, why do so many bad things happen to innocent children? I can understand natural death. I can understand diseases and natural disasters. But for God to let his most innocent beings get tortured by the hands of the people who should protect them seems...well evil. Don't argue free will, please. Why would God give an angel to a monster he knows will end up hurting and killing it?
Please look up Baby Brianna Lopez and then tell me God's watching out for his children.
Find the video of Tesslynn E. O'Cull.
Watch these tiny examples of what is happening to thousands of babies and kids every day and then tell me there's a God watching over us. If this is Him protecting us, I'd be scared to see his neglect. I'd prefer to think there's nothing higher than us, and humans just suck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• * LisaG777 LisaG... So if your child gets molested or raped YOU are a bad parent too, dear...you'd better buy a cage for your kids...

weak analogy, humans aren't supposed to be omniscient or omnipresent

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:44 PM on May. 18, 2010

• alot of humans do suck. & i think there is definatly something going on after & before our life on on earth, but i dont think its heaven and hell with some god guy that i have to spend my whole life worshiping. theres a reason for everything, even murderes i think, but were not ment to know the reason yet - we wont know until we die. i bet its something known of us could even imagine or guess at all.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:18 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Being raised a Christian, this was one question I have NEVER had answered. All I hear about it God's will. I don't understand how God's will lets innocent children get raped and murdered. It just doesn't make sense to me and nobody I've met can explain it. I think I believe in God, but I have many questions I can't accept answers to.
    Anonymous

• i am pretty mad at God right now, so wrong person to ask
    my daughter has autism and her brain is sick
    smashes her head into furniture etc

i have always beleived in God, but just yeaterday I was pondering the thought that there is no god

as i said, i am pretty mad about the injustice on my little girl
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I have always wondered the same thing...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• It's like religion. God didn't divide man. Man divided man. Man/woman is responsible for the horrors people endure. Sign up for the Adam Walsh act and do something about it.
    Anonymous

• i'm sorry if you don't want to believe that God is a god of love, but you gotta understand that there is also Satan, and he's working his dirty fingers in every aspect on earth. You can't just blame God for everything bad and take the credit for everything good!
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 3:21 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Well apparently you weren't taught about Eve.

All the sickness; disease; pain and death is her fault; well her's for tricking Adam and Adam for believing her; but basically they'd like us to believe it's all woman's fault the world sucks.

I personally know that life is a circle; random events occur; some are good and some are bad. Some are deserved and some are not.
    Anonymous

• ahahahaha! Tell that to God! I love Him. I'm not better than you for that, I'm just glad that I love him.
    Anonymous

• So if your child gets molested or raped YOU are a bad parent too, dear...you'd better buy a cage for your kids...
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 3:27 PM on May. 18, 2010