Pampers Dry Max & Luvs...

So you've all heard about the chemical burns people say Pampers new Dry Max are giving their babies....well....a couple months ago...my daughter got this very bad rash and we brought her to the ER and the doctor said it was a contact dermatitis...which basically means, it's some kind of reaction, but they will never figure out from what. He said it looked like a chemical burn. About a week later, my 11 month old son got the same thing. He got it three times. I use Luvs diapers, which are made by Pampers. These "rashes" didn't develope on my kids until I switched them from size 4 to size 5. Once I went back to size 4...it stopped. My question is...do you think it has anything to do with the "chemical burns" from the Pampers Dry Max? What would you think in my situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• i think you should send your complaint to the manufacturer, speak with your doctor as you have done to resolve the medical issue, and try a different brand. i've been using the dry max in a size 4 with no ill effects but if that were to change, i'd file a complaint and find a new product.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 3:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Well...all I have ever used on my kids is Luvs diapers. And Pampers Swaddlers when they were new borns...and until this Dry Max came out...I didn't have ANY problems what so ever with Luvs. I don't want to switch brands...they are cheap, and they work great. This sucks. I don't know what to do. I can't really afford to buy another brand of diaper.
    OP
    Anonymous

• i like target brand size 5 for 70 are ony less then $14... or i have walgreen brand pull ups $3.99 for 29 it was on sale i stocked up
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 3:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I used luvs for all my kids and they were all just fine...I do agree that they are the best for price and how well they work.
    I would email the company..they can't know about the problem unless they are informed that their consumers have some issues with their products.
    Target brands always made my kids break out, it is all really up to the individual child and what their skin can handle. White cloud diapers at Walmart are the next best thing for a cheap diaper
    Anonymous