What would you do if your teenage child ranaway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would call all her friends and the police. I would move heaven and earth to find her and bring her home. Then I would find out why she felt this was her only out of what ever was bothering her.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 4:01 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I'd try to figure out where I'd failed as a parent.
    Anonymous

• I would not make my childs life such a living hell that they would want to run away.
    My kids are spoiled and have everything they want/need so I dont think they are going anywhere.
    I was a runaway so I make sure my children are happy at home and are not getting the living crap beat out of them
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 3:34 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I would do everything in my power to get the word out that she is missing. Then I'd strap on a backpack and hit the road looking for her. I wouldn't STOP until I had her back home. Then, we'd all be in some intensive therapy to get to the bottom of why she ran away. Seriously, I'd be like the Terminator! I'd get her back or die trying!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:34 PM on May. 18, 2010

• call everyone she knows and their parents. call the police.
    Anonymous

• I said this to my mom before when I was like 15 that I was going to run away my mom said ok let me back your bags for you I was suprised she said that I was hoping she would stop me, but she didn't so I didn't achually run away cause I new my mom wouldn't come and stop me so maybe she is trying to see what you will do about it?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:34 PM on May. 18, 2010

• but if she achually ran away then yes I would call parents and the police
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:35 PM on May. 18, 2010

• When i was 15 and ran away my mother did not call anyone and i did not call or come home for 1 month the first time. If she knew what i was doing she would have had a heart attack......and she could have helped me she could have reported me..not that the police do much for runaways anyways.
    Anonymous

• Nothing...if he/she had that much balls to run away, then they can stay wherever they are...JK...I would file my child as a runaway...pray for thier return home and once he/she got home, find out what the problems are...just because a child runs away from home doesn't mean that its the parents fault...children can be easily influenced by others...so stay strong and I'm hoping everything works out fine for you...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:47 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Call the police, call their friends, etc.. Not all children run away because they have bad parents/home lives. Many young girls meet guys on line (which is a lack of supervision but not bad parenting...they could have been online at someone elses house because at home they are supervised) and runaway to be with them. It happens.
    Anonymous