Should I be this hungry?

I just had my baby friday, and I've noticed I really hungry, really easily. I"ll eat a meal, and be hungry 2 hours later. I've been eating like 3 snacks a day. Is this normal when breastfeed?

Also, how do you make sure you don't get fat off of eating to many snack? ( i can't exercise yet..)

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 3:54 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eat plenty of Fresh fruit and veggies. It is quite normal to be practically ravenous when you are breastfeeding a newborn.

Remember to drink at least 64oz of water a day. that will actually help curb the hunger and boost your milk.

Good Luck.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:58 PM on May. 18, 2010

• It's pretty normal to feel famished when you're breast feeding. Just keep it healthy and drink lots and lots of water (like drink an 8 oz glass when you start to feel hungry after a big meal- it will fill you up for a little while longer and help you lose weight and keep hydrated for feeding).
    Anonymous

• Congratulations! Yes it's normal. I would just say to make sure you are eating healthy foods. Try not to over eat at meal time, but don't avoid eating when you are hungry. Drink a big glass of water before you eat and make sure you are getting enough water throughout the day.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:00 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I had the same problem, I ate like a pig for probably the first month but still lost all of the baby weight right away. Just don't keep eating like that forever or you will stop losing and start gaining. pay attention to your body and eat healthily when you're hungry, stay hydrated!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:05 PM on May. 18, 2010