Ladies what is your opinion on women asking men to marry them.

My opinion is why not do what you need to do.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 4:07 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think it matters. i agree with you.
    Anonymous

• I'd find it hard to feel secure marrying someone who had not asked me. I'm a firm believer in men pursuing women, but I know sometimes it works out for people the other way around, so to each his own. I just know for my own security, I had to be pursued and convinced that he really wanted me.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:11 PM on May. 18, 2010

• IMO I think it is OK and if you want it bad enough go out and get it !!!
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 4:11 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't have a problem with women doing it, I just don't think that could ever be for me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• theres nothing wrong with it. it's just for a guy thats the most romantic thing he can ever do is ask someone to be with him forever and they feel like something is taken away from them when they are proposed to. a lot of them plan their proposals from when they're young like we women plan our weddings from a young age.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• If a man wont ask you or doesn't want to ask you, then there's something wrong.
    Anonymous

• I don't see where it should matter. If you love each other and a wedding ensues then so be it. I would perfer the man to do it. Call me old fashion.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:16 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I asked my husband to marry me when I was 16, he was 18 and we'd been together 6 months lol. We were already talking about forever and having kids and such, I just wanted to firm up the plans. We didn't announce an engagement and we still referred to each other as "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" just because we didn't want to scare anyone since we were so young. I bought my wedding dress a couple months later lol. We made it official when he asked me a year and a half later, gave me a ring and everything :)

I like to hear stories of men taking their wives' names too. It's always interesting to mix up the usual order :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:16 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I personally would never do it, but if you want to more power to ya!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 4:17 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Why is a woman asking for a man's hand in marriage any different than a man asking for a woman's hand in marriage?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:40 PM on May. 18, 2010