How do you communicate with someone who doesn't know how to communicate?

That someone being my husband. It's getting bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• sign language.
    Anonymous

• be very brief and to the point and ask him what he hears you saying?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:48 PM on May. 18, 2010

• most men cant communicate the same way woman do, I say get a good female friend and get your talking out with her, then take advantage of all the other good things your husband does and stop trying to make him communicate.
    Anonymous

• My SO thinks mental telepathy is communication! If I can't figure out what he's thinking then he thinks it's not worth discussing anyway! lol I figure some things out with his body language but we'll never have a real discussion I'm sure! We do emails every once in a while but talking? nope

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on May. 18, 2010

• not gonna work unless that person is willing to communicate. for me- i'm the one that has a hard time with it-- but actions work SO MUCH BETTER than just talking. talking to me- is shit. doesnt mean anything. show actions, and i'll do something about it.

not sure what your problem is with communication, but a big thing with guys-- they do NOT want to sit and talk with you. they need to DO something as they talk. they gotta play teh video games or work on the car, etc. and then if you want them to open up, do so then- he'll have something to do with his hands, and it doesnt make him like a girl b/c he's not just sitting aroudn talking about emotions. some of the best communication between me and my SO- or even me and my son, is when we are doing something; playing the game, working out, etc. also- sit side by side- not in front of him.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 4:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Can you be a little more specific about the communication problem? Is it that he won't hold a conversation, that he won't listen, that he doesn't care?

Answer by gdiamante at 5:10 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I told my fiance I was going to go get a candle and use smoke signals one night because he was being a dick.
    Anonymous