How can I help my daughter learn how to get herself into a sitting position?

She's a supported sitter already, she does great keeping herself up with her hands or in her Bumbo. I'm just curious about how I can help her learn how to pull herself up on her own?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 4:53 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• To help my daughter learn to sit I would put a mirror on the floor and sit her infront of it. she loved trying to sit up straight to look in the mirror and she was sitting by herself at 5 months.
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 4:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You can't..only her practicing and time will do it. As long as she has floor time to practice and learn, she will learn.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:55 PM on May. 18, 2010

• it's not something you can teach her. she isn't strong enough to do it on her own yet. when she is then she will
    Anonymous

• She will do it on her own when she is ready. She's going to be walking before you know it. Enjoy this time!!!

Take Care!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:00 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You don't. Get rid of the bumbo and put her on the floor or in your lap, she will learn how on her own if given the opportunity and time to build muscle strength and coordination.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:01 PM on May. 18, 2010

• She has to master unassisted sitting first. (when u can sit her in the middle of the floor and shel stay upright without anything touching her, not using a bumbo, and not using her hands as a prop). After she has that down shell get it eventually. My son sat well unassisted at 5 months. He didnt start getting into a sitting position by himself from his stomach until he was 6 months and crawling well.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:01 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Let her learn on her own. Don't enable her. You would be cheating her out of the learning experience. She'll be fine

Answer by admckenzie at 5:15 PM on May. 18, 2010