crap! just found my 3yr old son in the bathroom, attempting to brush his teeth by himself...but instead of toothpaste, he put antibacterial soap on it instead!

he normally spits, but i'm worried, i rinsed his mouth out really good, he said he spit it out, didn't swallow it, should i call poison control or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• no need to panic. he will be fine. Shoot its just soap. Boys put a lot worse in their mouths when we are not looking.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:58 PM on May. 18, 2010

• lol he should be fine, but that is kinda funny
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 5:04 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I'm sure he'll be fine. Give him an A for effort on brushing his teeth on his own!! When he's older, you'll look back on this and get a good giggle.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I bet he'll never do that again! Imagine how gross that would taste!
    Anonymous

• It is just soap and I'm sure due to the taste he didnt swallow too much
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:22 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Read the back of the bottle to see if it has any warning lables on it. He SHOULD be fine, however depending on the ing. list (and any warning labels) you might want to call poison control. If there is anything in there that would be dangerous to consume, it would say it on the back of the bottle.

:) I am sure he is fine! What a little sweet heart for trying to be so grown up!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:09 AM on May. 19, 2010

• LMAO!!! I bet he'll be more careful nexxt time!

Unless there is a warning on the label, he's fine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• He should be ok. He may have a tummy ache, but it should be ok. You can always call the 800# on the bottle. Atleast he is willing to brush his teeth!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:47 PM on May. 19, 2010