can I invite my son over to someones house

my son's and hi friend are both 5 yrs old and went to Pre_K this past school year.I do not know the boys mom but I know the grandma. Actually I knew the grandma for years and so has dh. I then ran into the grandma during a parents activity day...and thought it was really neat that my son and her grandson were so close.
She told me to feel free to drop my son off at her house, where her grandson lives, anytime I need a break. She went on to say that since they live so far out in the country he has nobody to play with.
So if she said that I am free to drop him off anytime...that leaves the door open for me to call her and ask if my son can play over right?..
we live in a very small town...I live in town and there isn't anybody for my son to play with except girls, and he won't play with girls...this boy is 12 miles into the country and has nobody but grandma and horses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• People don't normally offer for kids to come over to play if they don't mean it! Just call and say "hey, I wanted to see when would be a good time for you that the kids could play?" It is always a good idea to offer to reciprocate, even if they don't take you up on it...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:15 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I meant "his" friend
    Anonymous

• I don't see why not. I would just call before i went to make sure everything was fine.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• call em up and see what they are doing on a specific day. Ask grandma if she minds the 2 of you coming for a visit. Then ask if your son's friend can come play, the next time. After that she should offer the same.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:01 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I would try to trade off. Tell her a day oyou have open and the next week invite her grandchild to your house.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:02 PM on May. 18, 2010

• i'd call ahead of time. they say the door is open anytime, doesn't mean just show up on her door though.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:07 PM on May. 18, 2010

• op here....
    yeah I would call first it's a long drive to find her not home or the boy is sick or something else is up that day
    Anonymous