I don't support my child...

says some people. If me and my husband both work and we have our children on Medicaid only, would you say that I don't support my child?
Also, neither of my kids have been to the doctor at all this year. So do I support them only until their first doctor visit? lol

Just wondering what the general opinion on this is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• In today's working world alot of employers do not offer health insurance or you have to pay a huge premium that a lot working families can not afford. Your children need health insurance and if they have to be on medicaid that is how it is. That is why medicaid is here. You and your husband are working so you are supporting your family. You just need a little extra help. If you and your husband were not working and just milking the system then I would say that is totally wrong but you are trying and I have no problem with having our tax dollars go to families that are trying.

ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 5:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Troll!
    Anonymous

• seems to me like you are just trying to start some mama-drama
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:03 PM on May. 18, 2010

• it's good that the kids are insured
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:03 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You support your kid duh!!! Some people don't understand what it is like to need PA and medicaid to get by.....
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:05 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Don't worry about what other people think. You are a lot better than some people who get every kind of assistance there is and don't work at all.if you need it than you just do. Your kids have to go to the doctor when they get sick, and if you need a little help fine. You would be a lot worse parent if you didn't get the assistance and just didn't take your kids to get proper medical care because of the cost(it happens all the time, people have to much pride to take help that is offered and the children suffer)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:05 PM on May. 18, 2010

• No check ups for the kiddos huh?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:06 PM on May. 18, 2010

• No Diva, my kids have been 100% healthy all year. No need too. :) And i'm not a troll. This question really isn't that off the wall... -OP
    Anonymous

• OMG i just realized you are Fibbing!!!! In order to be on Medicaid you have to have your children in for Scheduled check-ups and a yearly DENTAL appointment...

Like i said MAMA-DRAMA
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:08 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Um, no you don't. And the year isn't over yet, sweetheart. My kids went to the dentist in November. Try again. lol
    Anonymous