what car seat do you use?

and how do you carry your baby around without the infant car seat? and when they fall asleep do their heads fall straight down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used a graco infant carrier until they were ready for forward facing seats and now we use the graco nautilus 3 in 1 seats.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:09 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I used the infant carrier till 12mos and the current car sear we have is Evenflo Triumph I believe. Its good till 60 pounds. I kept her reversed till 2 tho.
    Anonymous

• I use a truefit, set at a proper 45 degree angle. I used a rolled up burp cloth to adjust the head when newborn (like a halo, never underneath the head) I carry my baby in arms, in a wrap, mei-tai or sling. I despise infant carriers. My husband uses one, but he's bult like a gorilla.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Now I have the Britax boulevard and her head doesn't tilt. I used the Graco snugride when she was an infant and yes her head tilted down!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• His infant seat was an evenflo something or other..lol...i dont remember and its in storage, and now at ten months( i moved him into it at 7 months cause he was almost too tall) hes in a convettable toddler seat and its an evenflo titan, and his head doesnt tilt.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• When my son was an infant, we used a Graco SnugRide. I would either click it out of the base and into the stroller frame, or take him out and put him in a wrap or sling. Usually, until they get better muscle control, yes, their head can fall forward. You can check the recline on the seat, it might be possible to recline it more ( I know Graco infant seats have a recline adjust on the front of the base ) which might help a bit. When DD was a baby, she had an Evenflo infant carrier until about 5 mos when I moved her to a convertible. I did the same, clicked seat into stroller when out and about, or carried her (didn't know much about slings and wraps and such when she was a baby)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:24 PM on May. 18, 2010

• We will be using the Chicco Key Fit 30, the #1 rated for safety and ease of instillation. And no, their head shouldn't fall forward when carrying baby in it. If it does, get an additional head support for the seat.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:54 PM on May. 18, 2010