Do you think...

That when babies are in car seats a lot or in a bouncy seat they sit up late? How much tummy time did you do? My daughter sat up late and now my niece is late too... I was busy and on the go a lot. Is that why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Well, if they didn't get time to practice and work their muscles, then, yes. They need time for that. Always on their back in a seat might hinder a bit. Won't stop them, but, slow them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:10 PM on May. 18, 2010

• they need time on their tummies and on their backs(flat ont he floor) to try to learn to move at all, not just to sit up. it could be why they were slower but it could simply be a a personality thing too.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• i think there is a variance in age when babies sit up first of all. i think too much time in baby gear is not what is supposed to happen with our babies. baby wearing is probably better. most babies hate tummy time. most babies love mommy time, just being close : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• My kids laid on a blanket and spent their tummy time.I think that a baby will do things accoding to their own schedule and I wouldnt worry about hwen so and so says thay are sposed to do thing
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:21 PM on May. 18, 2010

• They DO need to exercise those muscles so it is possible that they would have a delay in development if they never got the oppertunity to try it out. As for tummy time, it is reccomended up the wahzoo but my DS HATED being on his tummy, I mean HATED it, so we rarely ever did it. His motor skills are fantastic!

The good news is is that any delay should be grown out of quickly, and they should meet up with the rest of their peers in no time.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:11 AM on May. 19, 2010