Its hard for me to diet right, cause Im a really picky eater..

The only meat I really like is beef & chicken. My husband is the same way. I dont like fish, and usually I run out of meal ideas, and it gets so hard 2 stick too, so I always go back to whatever. What can I do? Do you all have any diet meal plans for picky people lol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 PM on May. 18, 2010

• i am somewhat picky too. not bad about veggies but i like meat, pork and chicken but i've just started trying to eat healthier. I'm only eating whole grain breads and pastas. I've switched to soy milk, which is a little watery but i think i can get used to it. Ive been making fruit smoothies for lunch with frozen fruit and yogurt and of course soy milk. This week instead of buying pork i'm going to try turkey. i think i can manage. I'm still going to eat my chicken and beef though but no more frying.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:39 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I'm pretty picky about what I eat too. But I do like salads, so I have found that I can start most of my meals with a large salad to fill me up before I have a small portion of what I cooked for the family. I also like soups and they are fairly healthy, so I usually have some soup for lunch. And I love cucumbers dipped in low fat ranch so I use that a lot for a snack. It's about finding small changes and adding them in where you can.
    Chicken isn't fattening, depending on how you cook it - try it in stir frys, or baked breasts. And choose lower fat cuts of beef - don't eat a huge steak, cut it up and incorporate it into the meal rather than making it the main part of the meal.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Buy extra lean beef. I brown it and mix in corn. Kind of like a sheppards pie without the potatoes. lol
    Chicken... bake it. I use salt and pepper and it's tastey.
    I use a forman type of grill to make hamburger patties.
    At dinner, I usually add a salad with no dressing.

I am uber picky, but don't get tired of eating the same thing.
    I eat everything PLAIN so I think that helps.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2010