Bone-in split chicken breasts... How can I cook them?

Could use some ideas on how I can cook split chicken breasts with bone-in. And was wondering if I could bread them and if I can, how long should I cook them for and at what temp.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try breading them with corn flakes or with tortilla chip crumbs. Check allrecipes.com - I love that site!
    Anonymous

• A simple flour/ white corn meal with salt and pepper breading seems to always be a big hit. (50-50mix) - no egg
    salt and pepper the chicken breasts first and then shake to coat with the flour/corn meal mix in a bag large enough. I always remove the skins before, as well
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 6:02 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Ijust throw them in the oven with a bottle of bar b q sauce and bake for an hour at 350

all meat should be cooked at 350 for and hour
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Season them (I use Morton's Nature's Seasons and McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken, both reduced sodium). Melt 1 tablespoon of butter per piece if they are large breasts, 1/2 T for small pieces. Leave the skin on, it keeps the chicken tender and moist. Drizzle butter over the chicken. Roast in the oven at 350 until done. It's fall off the bone tender, very good (it's the butter!) and the skin gets cripsy enough you can eat it or not (we don't eat it, we give it to the cat, but occasionally I can't resist a little piece of crispy skin.)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:46 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Oh... I need to add that I baste the chicken in the juices as it bakes. You can just use a spoon and spoon the juices over the breasts every 10 minutes or so.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:49 PM on May. 19, 2010