Baby Shower

My friend has a 2 yr old daughter and it 8 months pregnant with another girl.. She had a shower with her first.. She is having another for her second. I dont understand this personally and don't think I wanna get her something that is really nice bacause clearly she gave away everything from the first one...... Anyone agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why shouldn't the second baby be as celebrated as the first?
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 5:42 PM on May. 18, 2010

• OP: she wants a bed for BBOTH of them and a playpen which i bought the first time around why buy something she is going to sell??
    Anonymous

• I don't think a second shower in needed in such a close time. How about a welcome home party instead? Seems less selfish. Always out for gifts. I don't care that people say it's about celevrating the baby, it's BS and they know it.

Anonymous

• That's a tad uptight if you ask me.

Do you know where she gave it away?

I have 4 year old and 5 month old. I had to buy everything again... However all the things I gave away went to the women's SHELTER. A great cause! To people who needed it. I didn't know when I was going to have another either.

Who knows maybe she "clearly" kept all usable items? How do you know she has nothing again because she's having another shower?

A shower isn't just about gifts. It's about celebrating and welcoming the new addition to the world/family. People that you don't see everyday are able to come down and give you a hug, say hello and congrats. That's what it's about.
    Anonymous

• mayb the person she gave it to needed it more. mayb baby numbr 2 wasnt expected she never thought bout having anymore... either get her something or dont but dont b such a bitch cuz she ant do wat you think she should have done with the stuff u gave her
    Anonymous

• Sold to "Once Upon a Child" for like 30 cents on the dollar...
    I can come over anyday for her its about the presents...
    Her two yr old party was recently and when i said how did you like it she said it was ok didnt get anything good...
    Anonymous

• She planned the 2nd one... she spent the money she got on weed and cigs...
    Anonymous

• I do have to agree on your one point though, if you've bought her a shower present 2 years ago and it was a playpen and such, a bigger item. If you know she sold it.

That'd be frustrating. I guess the way you worded it seemed a tad off. However you can't tell a tone from a message right? Makes sense and you are completely within reason to get a smaller item this time around or even just a card saying congratulations. A card and a rattle?

Anonymous

• I think asking for things for the first child is a bit much. However with my second baby a lot of my family sent gifts for both of my girls because they wanted to. If you feel so strongly about it but still want to get something for her why not something small this time like some clothes or better yet some diapers and wet ones. That way you know she isn't selling them or giving them away afterwards.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 5:54 PM on May. 18, 2010

• From what you've said I suggest......

Get her a card write a special message in it congratulating her. Get her a shirt or a rattle and include that with the card and walla.

Anonymous