What do u do when you have a kid throwing up? I'm expecting and I don't know what to do yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you mean spit up, all babies do it. Make sure that you talk to the pediatrician for advice if it's excessive spit up (maybe due to reflux or another problem). If it's because of a virus and it's actual vomit, make sure they are nursing or drinking enough fluids so they don't get dehydrated. Get some oxyclean for the carpet :)
    Anonymous

• You have to take care of your child. If you get the virus, it'll SUCK. But what else can you do? If husband or other responsible adult is available, try to let them do the lions share of the work. Unfourtunately, MY husband throws up worse than the child when he smells it. So then I STILL have to clean up the mess, as well as DOUBLE the mess.
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 5:48 PM on May. 18, 2010

• LOL I handed them to dad. Really, I didn't have a problem with a little spitup but once they get to be 2 or so, I can't handle barfing.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:54 PM on May. 18, 2010