exams

why do pelvic exams hurt me so bad?? i dont understand this are any of you having this problem

kathy28muah

Asked by kathy28muah at 5:53 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's because you're pregnant lol. Everything is going to hurt for a while probably. Watch for minor spotting over the next few days; that's common with pelvic exams during pregnancy. It's because the circulation to your entire pelvic region has increased, making the tissues and nerves more sensitive, and ob's aren't as gentle as we would sometimes like them to be.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 6:01 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I have never hurt from a pelvic exam during pregnany???? WHat kind of pain? Cramping or burning or what? I would for SURE bring this up to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Is your uterus retroverted?? Mine is and the pelvic exams hurt because the cervix was way in the back. I have a rather low threshold for pain too so IDK it was just a thought. Exams and pap smears are really uncomfortable because of the way my uterus sits.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:08 PM on May. 18, 2010