spin off from another question..at what age did you start leaving your child un-attended in the bathtub?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:06 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• 4.5 years old
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 6:09 PM on May. 18, 2010

• my oldest is 5 I achually started leaving her un attended at 12 months, but only cause were we lived it was all on one floor. When you walked in the front or side door you walked into the livingroom the off the living room was a bedroom then off the livingroom was a kitchen off the kitchen was the bathroom very small house so when she would be in the tub I gave her a bath then left her to play putting everything up so she couldn't get it and went and done things in the kitchen with the door open until she was done or I was ready to get her out. I never left the kitchen though when she was in the tub and the door was open at all times. Then we moved where we are now when she was 19 or 20 months old and we now have an upstairs so I started staying in the bathroom with her or I would go put clothes away in my bedroom listening to her. Oh ya when I did leave her unattended it wasn't that often since most of the time CONT..
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:12 PM on May. 18, 2010

• 3. she told me she could do it herself and she'd call me when she was done and she did. she started getting out by herself at 4
    Anonymous

• I would bathe with her it was easier than breaking my back.
    mommy5409

• oh ya she is 5 now. My youngest is almost 25 and I take baths with her a lot only cause she loves baths and as soon as you start up that water she is running in the room on you lol, but when she takes a bath with sissy I will go in my room and do things or run downstairs for a sec, but probably wouldn't if she wasn't taking a bath with her sister
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:14 PM on May. 18, 2010

• My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and I leave her alone in the tub. But I stay close the the bathroom so I can hear her and I check on her every few minutes.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I was thinking 4.5 or 5 you can walk in and out of the bathroom, but I would still keep an eye out.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:15 PM on May. 18, 2010

• my sons are 2 and 4 and I always stay in the room when they are bathing, im not really sure what age I will be comfortable leaving them.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:29 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I don't. He's two years old. I stay at all times.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• MIne are 20 months and 3 years... I am always either in the same room or just one room away... they both constantly run their motors (mouths), and if I hear the smallest break in conversation, I run in... they also give me constant reports on what the other person is doing, so I feel pretty confident I would know immediately if something is wrong. Still, my absences are never longer than a minute or two (I peek in) if I'm going to stay out for longer. But I'd say I'm in the same room about 75% of the time, I just leave to fold some laundry in the bedroom or get their pjs ready for post-bath.
    Anonymous