How much older is too much older?

How much older should a man be than a woman in a relationship or vice versa. What's too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There really isn't a limit unless one is underage. As long as that person makes you happy then why should age matter.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:26 PM on May. 18, 2010

• my guy is 2 years younger than i am. i'm 21 he's 19. i see no problem
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:28 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I really believe that twelve or so or more, is too much older. If you stay married, one gets too old to share in the same things. What's fun for one isn't for the other. Also when you're old, one cannot walk as far, etc.
    Anonymous

• Who cares.
    Anonymous

• MY first husband was a few months older than me. My 2nd husband was 25 when we met and I had just turned 35. My first husband and I grew up in the 80's and were young adults in the 90's. So we had alot more in common like remembering the TV' shows from when we were growing up.. Other than that age doesn't really matter and we get along great.

Anonymous

• It depends more on maturity level. My first husband is 7 years older than me but much more immature when it comes to parenting and being in a committed relationship. I dated guys anywhere from 2 - 4 years older than me before my ex-husband that probably would've made a better husband. My boyfriend is 13 years older than me and he's perfect - well as perfect as any man can be.
    Anonymous

• My SO is 6 years younger than me.

A former friend of mine married a guy 9 years younger than her. To me, that's a bit much!!
    Anonymous

• My ex husband was 13 years older than me and it caused all kinds of problems. I was in my 20s, wanting to go out and do stuff all the time. He'd already "been there, done that" and didn't want to do it again. I'm now married to my husband who is 4 years older than me, close enough that we enjoy the same things and have a great time together! So - my answer is anything more than 7 years or so. I'm not saying an age difference of more than that can't work, just may be a little harder.

Answer by missanc at 7:50 PM on May. 18, 2010

• If one is old enough to be the other's parent, that's too old.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:06 PM on May. 18, 2010