i have a 6 month old and she has b.o. like a 40 man working out in the sun on a long day. i went to her doctor and she is concerned and going to take test but while i wait does anyone know anthing about it?

dani263

Asked by dani263 at 6:38 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be a metabolic disorder. When my boys were in the NICU, they both had a horrible smell to them that was so bad it prompted one of their nurses to bathe them. Their doc ordered an extensive metabolic screen to rule out it being a metabolic issue. It wasn't and the smell eventually went away. No clue what caused it though. I hope you get an answer soon and I hope it's nothing to worry about!
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 6:43 PM on May. 18, 2010

• could also be a putitary problem (sp?) sorry! i really hope she just stinks :P but seriously i hope it's something that can be fixed easily or something that she's eating maybe. much love!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:46 PM on May. 18, 2010

• there are several metabolic disorders that can cause this. the most alarming would be PKU (phenylketonuria) all infants are tested for this at birth, but it can be overlooked. my son had this, and it lead to autism.

Anonymous

• It could be overactive sweat glands.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:30 PM on May. 18, 2010