should i say something or let it be

ok so growing up my life was pretty bad moving alot no bday presents or partys not aloud to have friends never being in a school or home school. never had a christmas, i remember having one thinksgiving but it was bad, now that i`m a mom have been for almost 3 years, i want my daughter to have a better life then i did, so for the past 4 years i have been having xmas thanksgivings bday partys ect. trying to be kinda normal you know. my dad and mom thinks its stupid to have christmas` thanksgiving bdays ect, i have christmas at my house and my mom will come over but my dad won`t but he wants gifts on his bday fathers day christmas so he has my mom take him the tings i get him or cook. and my daughters bday last year he wasnt there ! it hurts my feelings alot. when i enrolled in adult ed when i turned 18 he said you can still get a job if you dont go to school why are you trying to get me and your mom put in jail,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i`m not trying to do anything to them i just wish they would be normal. when i told them i`m looking for a good school to put my daughter in they said you all turned out fine why dont you want to spend time with your kid schools are like day care. i love them but i want to tell them both what they did and what they say now is ruining my relationship with them.
    Anonymous

• sometimes we have to look back at our past and sigh. You need to sit your parents down and tell them what you are feeling. And if this is the way they are going to choose to be then you, being a mom now, have to accept it and move forward.

You daughter is so lucky to have a mom, who wants to end the cycle. She is So lucky to have YOU!!!
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 6:49 PM on May. 18, 2010

• thank you
    Anonymous

• Wow nothing wrong with that wanting to be normal. My mom was quite nasty to me so when I grew up I wanted to have a quiet home. Why would your dad and mom go to Jail ?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:50 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You should explain things to them. Do you want to risk having your child taken away if someone finds out she isn't in school at the proper age? I'd also stop buying gifts for your parents if they don't do it for you or your daughter, you can invite them to these events but if they aren't going to show up use your money on better things. I can't understand any parent who wouldn't want their child to succeed in life and the only way to truly do that is through education. My parents grew up in a dirt poor little community in Ireland, they came to the U.S. in 1984 and built careers for themselves - I have 7 siblings and we all grew up feeling loved and supported by our parents despite the fact they worked and my dad went back to school when I was about 8. My sister, two of my brothers and myself all went on to college - my other siblings are still in highschool - and my parents worked hard to send us there.
    Anonymous

• when i enrolled in adult ed they asked what schools have i went to i told the truth none, i didnt want to look stupid when it wasnt my fault so i guess my dad thought they would go looking for them. my dad is the kind of person that thinks the gov is spying on us lol. i still love him
    Anonymous

• do what u think and feel is right. and if he doesnt like Christmases or birthdays, then dont get him presents. he doesnt want to be part of a family occasion yet wants a present ! how stupid is that !! y do u get him stuff then? but then again, they are your parents so ofcourse u do what u feel is right. as for enrolling ure daughter in a good daycare/school or throwing her nice birthday parties, u should not anyone boss u around or even bring u down with useless remarks.
    if ure parents say something, just tell them "u raised me the way u guys wanted it, not let me raise my child the way i want it"
    and what ure doing for the kid is wonderful, even though u didnt get half of it. keep it up and dont let anything bring u down
    Anonymous

• It was not your choice the way you where raised. Your parent raised you they way they wanted. They did what they thought was right at the time. Just tell your parents that I will raise my children the way I want. Just like you raised me  the way you wanted to. Try to leave it at that. 

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 PM on May. 18, 2010

• sorry typo error from above :
    if ure parents say something, just tell them "u raised me the way u guys wanted it, now let me raise my child the way i want it"
    Anonymous

• I would say something to them and i would tell them what they mean to you and what the things they say are doing to your relationship. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:58 PM on May. 18, 2010