Previous tenant planted strawberries?

We just moved to a house on post in January and I am seeing now that the people who were here before us planted strawberries. Some of them look awesome but I know nothing about growing any kind of fruit. Should I trust them (as long as I wash them off of course)?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 6:45 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You're so lucky! And if you want to eat them, you may want to put some netting over them once they start fruiting because the birds love strawberries, too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:30 PM on May. 18, 2010

• oh yeah i would, they grow pretty easy but if you want to help them you can put your dirty dish water on them and eggs shells to help the soil. regular water and enjoy!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:48 PM on May. 18, 2010

• if you're seeing them pop up, they have well established roots, and really don't require much care. Yes, of course they are safe to eat.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:53 PM on May. 18, 2010

• strawberries are easy to grow and will go wild all over the yard if they aren't cut back and maintained. But yes they would be ok to eat.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 6:51 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Okay awesome I just wanted some confirmation lol Thats great because my daughter is a strawberry freak!!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I'd eat them. It's easy enough to look online for tips to growing fruit and veggies. I wish I could have a garden but my house sits on a hill and there is never enough direct sun light to grow fruits or veggies so I have to settle for flowers that can grow in both sun and shade.
    Anonymous

• mmm I'd eat them. Sounds good right now actually :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:04 PM on May. 18, 2010