Fondant Butterflies

I am making butterflies out of fondant for a baby shower on Saturday and when would be a good time to make them. Should I make them ahead of time so they are ready to put on the cake? Also when is a good time to bake the cake and ice it and put the fondant on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 6:54 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• bake the cake on friday, ice it either friday night or early saturday. but start the butterflies on wednesday or thursday
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• the only thing that i know about is the butterflies. it's best to wait to put it on at the party because they are going to be stiff and fragile. It'd be good to do it the night before so that it can set.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 7:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I would make them out of gumpaste... BUt do make them like... now. or tomorrow. and if i have a sat. cake i bake it thurs, freeze it, frost and decorate friday so it is ready sat.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:37 PM on May. 18, 2010