Are there any non-religious relationship help books like Love Dare (and a couple of other Qs)?

I was wondering because I'm not Christian (my husband and I are Pagan) and I've heard that it's very Christian. Not that I'm against Christian books or anything, it's just that I kind of wonder if it would be as helpful if you aren't Christian. If it is adaptable for non-Christians, how easily is it done? Do you need anything besides the book (or the Love Dare group here on CM that I saw)?

If you aren't a Christian and you used the Love Dare, did it help? I'd be more than happy to hear ANYONE's success story with it, though. If you'd like, you can PM me and share your story.

My marriage is in trouble, still, but we're committed to making it work now. I'm already doing Dr. Phil's Relationship Rescue and looking for any more help we/I can find.

Thanks for any help ladies!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:00 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm also a Pagan and I watched "The Love Dare" because my cousin (a missionary, and very Christian) thought that I would like it. To be honest it wasn't bad, a little Bible heavy, but the actual dares were pretty good. If you can get past the "God said to do this" aspect of it, it's not too bad. Other than that I haven't seen any other books or movies along that line. Good luck!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:26 PM on May. 18, 2010

• The Love Dare is available online...a Christian radio station actually posted it. What's there is very heavily based on Bible passages. If you're not into that, it would be a turnoff. The daily dares aren't actually all that innovative...it's stuff you'll see advised in Woman's Day without the Biblical references. It's just all been put together in a 40-day program.

Here's the site if you want to check it out: http://www.klove.com/BLOG/post/2010/01/06/Day-1-of-The-Love-Dare.aspx

Answer by gdiamante at 7:10 PM on May. 18, 2010

• "Love and Respect" by Dr Emerson Eggriches. It is a "christian" book but I received it from a non-christian couple that used it to save their marriage. It also has helped us save ours.

I would HIGHLY recommend it to ANYONE who is looking to better their marriage.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 7:10 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I suggest both the "Love and Respect" AND the 'Love Dare" for ANYONE looking to better their relationship!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:24 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I mean if you watch the movie about it, Fire Proof, it explains that you have to believe in the lord for it to work. But You could still try it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:28 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Show's how long it's been since I've watched it, lol, I forgot the name of the movie! mrsbean08 gave you the correct name of the movie, it's Fire Proof... still, it did actually work for me, even tho I'm not Christian.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• OP: A Wiccan friend of mine actually gave me the movie to watch and I just watched it today. I really liked it (but then, I love pretty much everything Kirk Cameron does lol, loved him since Growing Pains). It's not that I don't believe in the Christian God, I just don't worship him.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:33 PM on May. 18, 2010

• You don't have to, whatever works for you is what's best for you. Try some of the dares, like I said, it worked for me.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:42 PM on May. 18, 2010