would you spoil ur only child ? and why

i spoil my child and plus he's the only child i just love him that much and thats really all o yeah plus he doesnt have brother or sisters

mrs.cafemom

Asked by mrs.cafemom at 7:23 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• No. I don't spoil because any child needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them as well as that they can't always get what they want. I have a cousin who is a spoiled only child who thinks the world does revolve around her. I don't want to raise an unproductive member of society.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:25 PM on May. 18, 2010

• just because they're an only child doesn't mean they should be treated like royalty. we all love our children to death, and although we may spoil them every now and then (like a cupcake for no reason) but we still discipline our kids when need be.
    Anonymous

• I try not to, but I know my 22 month old is a bit spoiled.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:35 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Nope my sister has only one child and she gets what she wants all the time and is 7 the child has a horse and more designer clothes then I do and more clothes for that matter. There should be a balance. I know must children that are only children are not the only child by choice and so parents compenstate for that but is not always good when they are grow up they will expect the world to be handed to them instead of working it. I know my niece will get a lexus for 16th birthday. No way !!!! My children will buy there own darn lexus even if I had the money !!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I honestly think spoiling a child is abuse. I totally agree with coala. Its a bad road to put your child on. You set them up for failure when you spoil them. They dont learn much and the minute a spoiled child sets foot inot the real world, and cannot problem solve and accomplish goals, they crumble because usually everything was handed to them.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:04 PM on May. 18, 2010

• My dd is spoiled by lots of attention, not by material possessions. What am I supposed to do: ignore my daughter on purpose so she won't be spoiled? Onlies by nature receive a lot of their parent's attention, because the parent is able to lavish that attention on them. It's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• My Eldest Girl was Spoilt with love from her entrance into this world Lol, the reason why my Man did not want us to have more children for almost 3 years is because he said he wanted to spoil our Eldest Daughter. And yes our Eldest Daughter is spoilt in the nicest way when lots of people full in love with her and those who love her feel she is special because her name is very special and people tend to feel more for her because she was born sick and my youngest two children were born healthy. My Eldest Daughter was even told, the new baby boy in the house will make you feel left out. P Grandma left with My Man and Daughter for lunch telling me and Son to stay behind. My youngest 2 children are ignored by family and friends. Paternal Grandmother only gives 1st Grand-Daughter cards with I love you with all my heart each time in them to my Eldest Daughter who is one of her 2 Grand-Daughters. Both Grand-Daughters-same Mom & Dad
    Anonymous

• Why is this in the Entertainment section?
    Anonymous

• I spoiled the hell out of my only dd. Shes now 23 and works full time and goes to college. She KNOWS shes loved!

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 10:47 AM on May. 19, 2010