peeing to get out of trouble?

my 2 yr old DS finds himself in the corner a couple times a day and now is peeing himself automatically once he goes to the corner... what do i do. i don't want to put him on the potty and have him think that's where bad kids go but i also don't want to have to change him 3 times a day cause he is constantly hitting and biting when he doesn't get his way...HELP PLEASE!

quila_sunrise

Asked by quila_sunrise at 7:33 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would ignore the behavior and let him stand or sit there in his pee until his time out is over then clean him up. Once he realizes its not getting him out of trouble maybe he'll stop.
    Anonymous

• yell at him!! make him clean himself up or let him stay that way. he needs dicipline. he'll learn but you need to be harder on him
    Anonymous

• Clean him up and make him serve his punishment in full. Don't give in to letting him get out of his punishment just because he wets himself.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:18 PM on May. 18, 2010

• It may sound gross, but since a two-year-old's time out is only about two to three minutes, I'd try letting him sit in his wet clothes until the time out is over and then changing him. Kids at that age sometimes don't care whether they're wet or not, but if he does care it may only take once or twice for him to get the message that peeing won't get him out of his punishment. (You can put a puppy training pad under the chair just in case - I used them for disposable changing pads when traveling with my kids) If he doesn't mind being wet.... well, I hope he does :)
    MioriLane

Answer by MioriLane at 11:25 PM on May. 18, 2010