has anyone ever had cold-like symptoms in early pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah, your immune system is down and the extra estrogen causes more mucus in your vag as well as your nose
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:17 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I was constantly getting colds .. and they always seemed SO much more miserable than before I got pregnant.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Yeppers. I had cold like symptoms for 2 weeks then in the middle of eating my crappy baked chicken I could no longer taste it. I drunk my tea, couldnt taste that either. Sprayed my perfume and I couldnt smell. I went so far as to put cayanne peper directly on my tongue... NADA. I lost all sense of smell and taste for 2 days. LOL I went into the hospital immediately after the cayanne expriment, but it took the antibiotics 2 days ... that was wierd
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:32 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Yep... I had a full blown sinus infection early on and now have another WITH the flu at 13 weeks...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:35 PM on May. 18, 2010

• What is Pregnancy Rhinitis?
    Pregnancy rhinitis occurs when your nasal passageways become irritated and inflamed during pregnancy. As a result, you experience nasal congestion, sneezing, and a runny nose. It is very similar to allergic rhinitis, except that it does not appear to be caused by any environmental allergens or toxins. Pregnancy rhinitis lasts for at least six weeks, and can occur at anytime throughout your pregnancy, although it commonly occurs in the first trimester. Symptoms of pregnancy rhinitis usually resolve on their own within two weeks of labor and delivery.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:43 PM on May. 18, 2010