So what, I'm selfish in my reasons for not breastfeeding, whats it to you? Its not your kid.

Why do some of you get so mad about another persons choice whether to breast or formula feed? Every woman has her reasons for feeding the way she wants to. Whats it to you? Worry about your own kids and how they are fed and I will worry about mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know...the same goes with these nutty "extended rear-facing" moms. And the "milk is bad for you" nuts. Seriously people...you need to mind your own business! Take care of your kids the way you want, and I'll do the same with my kid.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:27 PM on May. 18, 2010

• kudos!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• LOL so true!!!
    Anonymous

• I know, I know...some of these ladies get so worked up over the smallest things that don't even affect them. I feel sorry for them actually. I bottle fed my children but if somebody wants to breastfeed awesome! I really wouldn't know how somebody else feeds their children though, because I mind my own business!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:26 PM on May. 18, 2010

• The way I see it, as long as the child is being fed and not being starved, what does it matter?
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:26 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Seems to me like you may be trying to get something heated going...Just don't worry about people who have opposing opinions is what I do. I formula fed and chose to do so, it was my decision for my son, and breastfeeding is what other people chose. I really don't care what happens as long as children are being fed no matter how. And if I come across a post where people are trying to bash formula feeders I just simply go on to the next.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Totally know what you mean. I got attacked on one of my old boards because I was explaining to them that I had to switch to formula because I stopped producing milk. I tried EVERYTHING that WIC told me to try, and pumped in-between feedings and nothing would bring it back. After a while I was only getting about an ounce out of each breast. I felt really let down that I couldnt BF as long as I would have liked, but totally made it worse to hear people bashing me over it and telling me that I just didn't try hard enough!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:32 PM on May. 18, 2010

• It takes a village to raise a child. We are part of your village.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on May. 18, 2010

• THATNK YOU you took the words right out of my mouth. There are alot of mommas on here worried about how we all feed OUR children. Why they don't zip it and mind there own business? Good dam question. But thank you for speaking up.
    Anonymous

• NO rkoloms. YOU are NOT a part of my village. I didn't invite you along to nag me about feeding my child. If you were family, I would shut the blinds if you were knocking on my door.
    Anonymous