Tips on Starting a Mom's Group?

I've been wanting to start a mom's group in my area (North Texas). I've searched online and found a lot of how to information, but I'm still not 100% sure of what I'm doing. I'm a SAHM to a 13 month old boy and don't really know anyone in my area. I read online that it's best, when starting a group, to have a group devoted to just small children (under school age) or just older children, because mixing ages makes group outings and playdates more complicated. Not sure how to do this without excluding moms with older children--especially since it's summer and school's almost out. Help! Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

lovemygavin

Asked by lovemygavin at 8:22 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Check out MOMS Club at momsclub.org. They will likely have a group that is already started and you won't be bogged down with all of the startup stuff. They have playgroups that are usually divided by age so your baby will be playing with peers his age. I joined after moving to a new city and not knowing anyone. It has been an amazing experience for both me and my baby boy. I've met some amazing women from all walks of life. Do it! You won't regret it!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:25 PM on May. 18, 2010