so i was wondering if this is hate mongering or not?

when people here in arizona can't stop talking and saying things agaisn't the illegals. i'm not taking any sides cause frankly i don't care about what others do as long as it really doesn't effect me. in some indirect ways maybe it does but i don't recognize it so i don't have a preference at this moment. everybody is entitled to their feelings but why keep talking crap about them. i mean everybody does something wrong or illegal does that mean were better then them. i think not. so when i asked people on my friends on facebook everybody is saying i'm for it and that i don't understand the law etc etc and all i asked was that we shouldn't hate monger, so am i not understanding what hate mongering is or not. urban dictionary says A person who uses political beliefs or passions of any kind as a platform to express their hatred for another individual. i would add a group. am i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• only person who answered the question was the first anon. some people never get the question, not sure how they missed it.
    Anonymous

• I suppose it's hate mongering if someone is focused on a specific "sort" of illegal, but I don't think so if they're talking about honest consequences of illegal immigration.

Sure we all do something illegal - probably speeding while driving, but we also pay the consequences when we get tickets for that...I think the point is, none of us are above the consequences of the law...I think we run into problems when we think that someone is exempt from laws while others aren't.
    Anonymous

• Ok, if illegal immigrants don't have to follow the law because they aren't directly hurting you, then why should anyone follow any law? What if some random person beat the hell out of you? Would it be fair for me to say they shouldn't be punished because it didn't directly affect me? Illegals are costing America a stupid amount of money by being here. This effects EVERYONE.
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:48 well said~~~ We ALL have to pay for their freebies, we can't even take care of the people we have now!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:35 PM on May. 18, 2010